Operation Overhaul is a DIY inspiration site based in Singapore run by two crafty kids – Ros & Juu. The DIY necklace post that we are sharing with you is latest project by OOH (OperationOverHaul). We are posting it as it is on our blog. Enjoy the tutorial 😉
As a continuation from the last post by Juu on her statement necklace, I went on to make a slightly different version of my own!
- 3 chains, 15″ each
- 3 sets of embroidery floss, 30″ each
- Neon pink cord, 30″
- Pom pom trim, 16″
- Lobster clasp
- Jump rings
- Needle and thread (not pictured)
1. Tie a knot at the beginning of your first chain using all 3 sets of embroidery floss. Weave it through the beginning of your second chain and back, then weaving diagonally through the top left chain.
2. Repeat step 1 till the end of both chains.
3. At the end of both chains, weave the floss to and fro the last two chains several times before securing with a knot.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 using the neon pink cord and third chain.
5. Place the pom pom trim under your bottom chain. Secure it by sewing them together.
6. Finish off by attaching your lobster clasp and jump rings.
You can play around with the colours and textures of the materials, or simply make a shorter version to wear as a bracelet. Have a great week ahead!
Liked this post so much that we are forced to copy and paste it as it is. The original post appeared here: http://www.artfire.com/nosh/yarn-bombing/
Learn how to yarn bomb!
Knit & Crochet public art
Everything you need to get started, including tutorials and supplies!
This entry is brought to you thanks to the wonderful Lisa Roden.
First, you need the inspiration. Find some awesome pictures of yarn bombing all around the country in this fabulous Pinterest board. Just click on the image.
Learn a plethora of yarn bombing ideas and stitch patterns from this fabulous Pinterest board!
“How do I even choose what I want to yarn bomb?” you may be asking yourself, well click on the image below for some great tips & tutorials.
Learn important tips and tricks about yarn bombing from this tutorial.
Perhaps you’d like to do some light reading about the subject before you go out and “bomb” the streets, well there’s something for you too.
Read about yarn bombing from the pros who do it on the daily. Patterns included!
Learn more about Yarn Bombing from this video interview of Ishknits – the Philly Bomber!
Ishknits about to Yarn Bomb an out-of-order public phone.
Now that you know all about yarn bombing it’s time for you to get started. Lucky for you, ArtFire has a great variety of instructional books & materials for incredibly low prices. Check some of them out below, just click on the images.
Yes, yes, yes…we’ve arrived on Flip Board! And we are so excited to share this news with you. Please log on to Flip Board and search for DesiCrafts or simply follow this link: https://flipboard.com/profile/DesiCrafts
Early subscribers will receive a FREE SURPRISE GIFT
Please e-mail us your details such as Name, address to our e-mail ID after subscribing and you will receive your gift 🙂
S P R E A D the W O R D
- DesiCrafts on FlipBoard – stay tuned for offers, shopping, handicrafts posts and cool DIY